Saturday, October 15, 2011

Contest Day! Wives Unite!

The morning judging portion of the contest is already complete.  The judges - at this very moment - are deliberating and calculating scores.  Winners will be announced tonight at the evening show, which starts at 5pm.  (FYI: Tickets are still available and will be sold at the door.)

It was a good contest this morning.  The classes were just the right size, I thought, for the competitors to be able to show themselves off and for the judges to make their choices.  The Men’s Masters class took the longest - six guys, and they all looked great according to me.

My favorite part of the contest is the social aspect. I got to see and chat with one old friend and former coworker who was there supporting a first-time competitor.  It’s always such a nice surprise and lots of fun for me when people I know from outside the bodybuilding world come see what's happening here. I know a few things about the contest; let me tell you all about it! :)

I also got to meet the wife of one of the other pro bodybuilders. The pros didn't compete today, but her husband was one of the judges. At the ticket table with me was the wife of another former competitor. 

So together we decided: there needs to be a club for bodybuilder wives.  We could share stories, commiserate as needed, show off adorable pictures of our young kids practicing their bodybuilding poses like Daddy, and just generally make the contests and even bigger social event.

Also, we think that like NFL or NBA wives, Bodybuilder Wives should have special reserve setting, possibly with free drinks, and with massages and other perks thrown in for good measure.

And hot fudge sundaes. Because one of my favorite bodybuilding contest traditions – after watching dozens of incredibly fit, well-dieted people walk across that stage – is to get a hot fudge sundae to eat in the car on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment